My blogging buddy Rosie has tagged me in the Vogue Parody 73 Questions Challenge, so now I will answer a series of questions about my life without cameras trailing me around my house, the streets of London or the All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club — where they will let Roger Federer walk on the grass, but don’t you dare ask.
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
I like their muffins. (I don’t drink coffee.)
2. What does your workstation look like?
It’s tidy — computer, various papers, mug for water, pictures of me with my wife Suzi.
3. Favourite food?
4. Favourite author?
5. What do you think of open relationships?
If everyone knows what’s going on and comes into it eyes-open, whatever works for them. However, it’s not for me.
6. What is your favourite video game?
Sega NHL ’94
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
I don’t feel guilty for eating them, but my wife Suzi has a brownie recipe that has been referred to as “chocolate crack.”
8. Favourite movie?
9. Favourite book?
“A Season on the Brink”
10. Twitter or Instagram?
11. Desktop or laptop?
Laptop for work. We have a desktop at home, but I do 99 percent of my stuff on my iPad.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
My parents taught me that if you say you’re going to do something, you do it.
13. What project are you working on right now?
Answering a list of 73 questions that Rosie tagged me on. (Although by the time you read this, I won’t be, because it will already be done.)
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
16. Dream job?
17. Play any sports?
I played baseball and basketball (although “played” is used loosely there) in high school. For years I played in a pickup volleyball game Wednesday nights with friends. Now I golf and bowl once in a while, but my main game is pickleball.
18. Do you have a degree?
I have a bachelor’s degree with a dual major in speech and journalism and a master’s degree in political communication.
I have never identified myself as being a particular nationality, so I don’t really know in any great detail. I’m a generic white dude. What I always tell people is that if they throw a dart at a map of Western Europe they have a chance.
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post?
21. What do you like to collect?
NASCAR die-cast cars, although I haven’t added to it in a while because I filled the display case.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Kind, humorous, thoughtful — hopefully people who know me feel the same way.
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
MC You Suck … because that’s what people would be saying.
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
My last two were both former co-workers, including telling one of them I was proud of her.
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
The Yankees getting some decent starting pitching
26. Sorting house?
From reading other people’s 73 Questions, I believe this is a “Harry Potter” reference. Beyond that, the next thing I know about sorting houses will be the first.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
That there is a woman who chooses to stay married to me. That I have friends who choose to keep talking to me.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
I went to two fireworks displays for July 4. (My wedding anniversary is tomorrow, but as I write, that hasn’t happened yet.)
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I woke up on this side of the grass. It has been fairly uneventful otherwise.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
That the average lifespan of an American male is more than the 47 I am now.
32. Favourite season?
33. Favourite holiday?
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
Leonard from “The Big Bang Theory” (although the the girl this dorky guy wound up marrying is probably smarter than he is)
35. Do you like surprises?
Fun surprises, yes.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
I can’t think of one as “the biggest,” the the most-recent is how much I enjoyed Oregon.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
I’m not sure one ever has.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given someone else?
Even though we had talked about it in general, I’m pretty sure Suzi was surprised when I pulled out the engagement ring on the Williams College campus.
39. Do you like muffins?
40. Do you cook often?
Do leftovers in the microwave count?
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
The next one … which will probably be ice cream.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Most of your fruit-based ones, apple pie being an exception
43. Cake or pie?
Yes. Wait … you want me to choose? Cake, I guess. Or pie. It depends.
44. What’s your least favourite food?
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
46. It’s 4 a.m. on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
I usually don’t eat in my dreams.
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
Spatial Awareness 101
48. Best animated film?
Ages ago, as in he was a toddler then and he’s in college now, I was babysitting a friend’s little boy. He wanted to watch “Toy Story,” so I put it on. About halfway through, he lost all interest, but I had to see how it ended!
49. What has a girl said or done to impress you?
Suzi puts up with me. That’s impressive.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
I’d say a ballgame, but then again, I’d say a ballgame for just about anything. Other than that, someplace relaxed.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Apparently whatever I was doing on my first dates in college. LOL
52. What’s the best pickup line?
When I was visiting a friend in college, I was chatting up a girl, and one of my friend’s buddies suggested I try “If I could rearrange the alphabet, U and I would be together.” I did not try it. We parted at the end of the night, although not because I didn’t use that line. She just went back to her dorm.
53. Best comic book character?
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.
Whatever I toss in Suzi’s while we’re traveling. As for my pockets, keys, wallet, cellphone (two if I’m working).
55. Favourite drink?
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
God (May as well swing for the fences, right?)
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favourite sushi roll?
Never had one. I once went with a co-worker to a restaurant that just added sushi. They offered us samples, and it was so awkward to tell them I didn’t want any without insulting them terribly.
59. What lipstick do you use?
Chapstick, but only when I’m sleeping
60. What foundation do you use?
My house has a basement. My parents’ has a foundation.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
62. Who is your fashion icon?
63. Favourite Disney character?
Mickey Mouse, I guess
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Pickleball in the morning, anniversary dinner at night.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
“Love Actually” is the first one that comes to mind.
66. Movie that made you cry?
I’m not sure I ever have.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
“Someday I’ll Figure It Out”
69. What’s your favourite animal?
70. Favourite illustrator?
My friend Bob. He does doodles on plates for his daughter and posts them on Facebook. He’s really good.
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
72. What country would you like to visit?
Of ones I haven’t visited (aka other than Canada, England, Ireland or Scotland), Switzerland.
73. Best way to decompress?
Listening to great music.
And now … I tag other bloggers to join in on the fun!
8 thoughts on “Vogue Parody 73 Questions”
Pingback: Vogue Parody 73 Questions Challenge – Strikeouts + Sprinkles
Already gasping at #1 because you don’t drink coffee, how do you survive??? Thanks for sharing your answers 🙂
Bile, mostly LOL
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Vogue Parody 73 Questions - Sunshine with Savannah
I would sign up tons of people for your Spatial Awareness class & I got a giggle out of your answer to what kind of foundation you use. 🤣
Spatial awareness is definitely a lost art. Last night, we were walking to dinner, and there were two women with strollers in front of us, with two people directly behind them … and they took up the entire sidewalk,.
Regarding the foundation, when the question wasn’t exactly written for you, sometimes you have to improvise. 🙂
That’s so rude! I hate when people don’t realize they are not the only ones on this earth. 😛 LOL loved your improvisation on the foundation question!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: What have I enjoyed writing about? – A Silly Place