My pal Renata of Buffalo Sauce Everywhere chose me for this year’s Hallotober Tag.
Tags like these are always fun, so thanks for picking me, Renata!
Plus, she’s one of my best blogging buddies, so make sure you check out her site!
The rules for the challenge are as follows:
1. Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post.
2. Put the rules at the beginning or after introduction.
3. Answer the 13 questions.
4. Tag 13 people to do the tag (Ehhhh …).
5. Delete Question 13, add a new question of your own.
6. You are free to use the tag image somewhere in the post.
Questions and answers
1. What’s your favorite thing about October?
The baseball playoffs. I know it’s not Halloween, but … .
2. Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
Not really. I stopped being interested in trick-or-treating when I was 12 or 13, and Halloween didn’t have much appeal after that. When I was in grad school, the department head was famous for her Halloween party, and I was informed that it would be bad form not to go. So I went without a costume.
However, once Suzi and I moved into our first house, I have enjoyed handing out candy to the local kids, more than I thought I would, to be honest.
3. What’s your favorite horror movie?
I fail to see how scaring myself can be entertaining, although the Yankees have had some terrifying playoff games the last few years (which, by the way, is proof that you can’t change anything by tweeting angrily at the TV, because, trust me, I’ve tried).
Oh wait … Halloween.
4. Would you rather a cozy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
Since I don’t do either … I’ll stick with handing out candy. I guess that means cozy night in, just without the horrors.
5. Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
I don’t remember many other than baseball or football player, so I’d say one of those.
6. Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
I bobbed for apples during a camping trip ages ago. It didn’t go well.
7. How do you celebrate Halloween?
I fill a bowl with candy and hand it to children who come to the door.
8. What’s your least favorite horror?
People who won’t get in the running car. GET IN THE RUNNING CAR, YOU IDIOTS!
9. Do you have a favourite trick-or-treating memory?
I liked that we would drive all across town, from one end to the other, because we either knew or were related to everyone. We’d get in my parents’ car, hit a few houses, then drive to the next houses.
10. What’s your favorite thing about Halloween?
Seeing happy kids when you give them candy. I also find it funny when they run away, all excited, and their parents yell “Say thank you!” from the street and they yell it back over their shoulders. I always chuckle.
11. Scary costume or silly costume?
Little kids in cute costumes. In that case, it doesn’t matter if it’s scary or silly.
12. What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups … if we got candy too far before Halloween, I’d eat it all beforehand.
13. What’s the Halloween candy that you always traded away as a kid?
Probably anything that wasn’t chocolate, plus isn’t there always a person who gives you apples?
C’mon, it’s Halloween … don’t give the kids apples.
So who am I going to get to answer these?
It’s not going to be 13, but oh well.
Hopefully, I’ve posted this early enough so you can all answer the questions if you’d like. Whether you then try to challenge other people before Halloween is up to you!
The 13th question!
Instead of repeating the first 12 questions, just answer them, and here’s my 13th question.
Do you believe in ghosts?